Monday, September 15, 2008

Yours, Mine, and Ours!

Guest post by Karen Allen


When my husband and I first got married, one of the things he struggled with was trusting me with "our" money. Being single, he had only to worry about his spending, his saving, his purchases and now, a newly married man, he felt like he had to worry about his wife's spending as well. Proverbs 31:11 says, "Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it." I was talking to my husband about writing these posts for Heather's blog and do you know what he said? He said, "When you said that you were coupon shopping and strategically going to stores in order to be a good steward of our money - you had me! You had my trust! Tell them that once we as husbands trust what you are doing for our family, we won't have reason to worry any more." Now, there have been times when I have given him reason to regret trusting me with our money. Purchases that should have not been made and such. However, for the most part, he sees what I am trying to do to save money for our family and he TRUSTS me to do so, not regreting it. So, ladies, let's give our husbands reason to trust us without reserve and never give him a reason to regret it!
Karen Allen
www.wctv24.com
www.itsmorethanahouse.net

No comments: