Tuesday, September 9, 2008

CVS shopping trip

I got all of this for $7.58 out of pocket and got back $5.99 to spend next time!!


I know the cashier wanted to cry when she saw me walk in (I seem to get the same one everytime), and I know she wanted to cry when I left, but the stinkin' register didn't want to take any of my coupons. NOT ANY!! The manager had to override every single one. So when they wouldn't take the $2 off any Revlon color cosmetics coupon for the fingernail polishes I didn't argue.

I am not a pro yet. I seem to run low on ECB's every 3-4 visits, especially if I buy GoodNites or Diapers, but a lot of the blogs I visit, they seem to never run out of ECB's. I'll be there one day, but hey, I am not going to complain.

Transaction #1

3 Right Guard Deodorants-$2.99 each (Received $2 ECB's back for each at checkout)

2 Soft & Dri Deodorants-$2.99 each (Received $2 ECB's back for each at checkout)

2 Chex Mix- $1.00 each

10 LifeSaver Gummies- $2.19 each(BOGO)

4 Chocolate Covered Peanuts- $.99 each

Used:

(3) $1/1 Right Guard coupons

(2) $.75/1 Soft & Dri coupons

(2) $1/1 Chex Mix coupons

(5) LifeSaver BOGO coupons

(2) $2/2 Gold Emblem nut coupons

Used $9.99 in ECB's from last shopping trip.

Payed $1.20 out of pocket and got back $10 ECB's from the deodorant

Transaction #2

Huggies Goodnights -$9.49

2 Aussie shampoos- $2.49 each

2 CVS Paper Towel 3-packs- $1.99 each

Used:

(1) $2/1 Goodnights coupon

(1) $2/2 Aussie products coupon

(2) $1/1 CVS 3-pack Paper Towel coupon

Used $10 ECB's (received in transaction #1).

Payed $3.11 out of pocket and received back $2 ECB's from Aussie shampoo to use on next purchase.

Transaction #3

Loreal Skin Genesis cleanser- $5.99

Used:

(1) $1/1 Loreal cleanser coupon

Used $2 ECB from Transaction #2

Payed $3.27 out of pocket and received $5.99 ECB's for next visit.

In Summary:

10 free bags of LifeSaver Gummies

4 free bags of Chocolate Covered Peanuts

2 free bags of Chex Mix

$.98 for 2 Aussie shampoos

$1.98 for 6 Paper Towel rolls

$7.49 for GoodNites (normally $11.49)

Made $1 profit on Loreal cleanser (paid $4.99 after coupon and received $5.99 back)

$.45 for 5 deodorants.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post a question in the comments section.





1 comment:

The Allen's Actions said...

Your blog ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still working on the CVS thing - I seem to pay a little more than I want to each visit but am still very pleased with all the free and cheap items. I just never seem to have more that 5-7 dollars in ECB's. Any tips?
Thanks!