Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tipster Tuesday- Organizing Coupons

It took me months to figure out a way to organize my coupons. I tried many different methods, and today I will show you the one that I finally picked. This may not be the best for everyone, but it works the best for me.

First, I get all of the same inserts together and I separate all of the pages. Then I stack each of the like pages on top of each other.







Next, I staple each of the coupons.




Then, I cut them out and put them in my coupon box.




My coupon box is actually a photo box that I had. It came with category separators, and then I added envelopes for each subcategory. For example, I have a separator for Cleaners and the envelopes within that category consist of air, all-purpose, laundry, dishes, etc.

This makes it very easy to find and organize my coupons.

I would love to hear feedback on your organizing method.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, thanks for the tip. I actually have my coupons in an expanding file I found one day at the Dollar Tree (you know, the store where everything is actually $1). I seem to be a self-proclaimed "cheapie" so thanks for the blog. ;-)