Monday, September 8, 2008

Make-over Monday

This month Make-over Monday is going to be about making over your home.


No, I don't mean you get to go out and spend money redecorating your home. We will be talking about organizing and de-cluttering. Yeah!!(right?).

I have found that to be more effective in my couponing, menu planning, and grocery shopping, it is much easier when my home is in order. I am definitely a work in progress in this area. I am almost a completely recovered pack rat. Still have some more room to improve, but definetely am doing much better than 4 yrs ago when we bought our home.


I have been spending the last week getting ready for a yard sale! Getting rid of clutter and making money at the same time. To help me do this, I have made out a list of weekly chores, areas in the house that I will concentrate on each week on a certain day.

Monday-Kitchen, Work-out room, Wash all bed sheets
Tuesday-Bathrooms, Closets
Wednesday-Kids Bedrooms(they need a day all by themselves!)
Thursday-Living Room, Dining Room, Den
Friday-Playroom


I will be sticking to this schedule all week. This is the first week I will be strict with this, so I will keep you updated! I will continue this schedule every week with my cleaning and organizing and will tweak it as needed.


Do you have a schedule you stick with, or have any organizing or decluttering tips? Please share them with us.

No comments: