Monday, December 28, 2009

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

I have many plans for 2010. Of course, we can all make our own plans, but God ultimately makes our life plan for us. Let's look back at a moment at one of my plans for this past year: Get out of debt so we can have another baby. Well God decided we needed to go ahead and have another baby, so he gave us Gates Benjamin Greene on October 4th, 2009. Thank goodness God know what is best because I couldn't even imagine not having Gates in our lives now!

My verse for the year is : "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I am going to post a series of my "plans" for 2010. The main reason I am doing this on the blog, is so that I have some accountability. Knowing that others will be reading this is a big motivating factor to work toward accomplishing my plans.
My first plan is to GET ORGANIZED!!!!!
I am soooooo unorganized and can't get it together!!! It seems like while I am organizing one thing, something else gets unorganized and it is a vicious cycle. I have found that when I can stay organized, I save money: I know where all my coupons are; I don't waste food; I can find my recipes to plan my weekly menu; and in general, I feel a lot less stressed.

It doesn't help that we just acquired waaayyyy too many toys. When we arrived home Christmas night after visiting both grandparents, my husband and I were extremely overwhelmed. We will be making the local Goodwill happy by the end of the week when we drop off a ton of old toys.

What changes can I make to get organized, and stay organized?

First off is to make a plan. For those of you not familiar with FlyLady, check her out here. I have signed up for her e-mails numerous times, and gotten behind reading them. So for 2010, I am going to give her an honest chance. She sends out daily e-mails telling you what you need to work on and helps you make out a weekly schedule on what area of the house to work on. She also teaches you how to set up a Control Journal to keep you organized. I'll keep you updated as to how I am doing.

Because hubby has the whole week off .... Yeahhhh!!!... (we'll see if I am still feeling this enthusiastic about it at the end of the week : ) ), I am going to get a jump start this week. Here is my plan for the week:

Monday- organize the office, make my grocery list for the week, make my menu-plan for the week
Tuesday- wash all sheets, organize Syd's room and get rid of 5 items
Wednesday- clean and organized kids bathroom, organize Brigg's room and get rid of 5 items
Thursday- organize playroom, get rid of 5 items of Syd's and get rid of 5 items of Briggs
Friday- organize and put up Christmas items

Of course daily, I will be keeping the kitchen clean (a constant, ongoing thing!!!), and doing at least 1 load of laundry a day.

I will update you at the end of each day as to how well I did. I will also be posting periodically throughout the week, more of my plans for 2010.

No comments: